Friday, February 12, 2016

Kettering

Page 486


Just gonna update on what happened.. on
my 21st.

----------------------------------------------------

Mentally prepped myself not to expect anything since I was in camp.
Spent the morning with the usual routine.
Laughing/smiling with good company.
Feeling happy even when no one knew.
I was enjoying the little things in life.

After lunch, I took a nap on the floor.
The other bunk mates suddenly appeared.
'So... it's someone birthday huh.' a smirk on H's face.
They covered me in blanket and started a 'blanket party'. 
Hahaha. 
'How you guys know sia.' 
I really was surprised.
They sang a loud birthday song, and not long after, the 2 horniest in the platoon came by.

'Your birthday?! Omg come we give you a lap dance.'

HAHAHAHAHAH.

Those 2 totally made my day sia. Lap dancing, stripteasing, spanking my butt all.

Totally made me smile the whole day. These annoying lovely people. <3

Evening came... and then it happened.

I got out of the shower. Read the text, and my heart dropped.
I raced downstairs to look for help.
No one.
I ran back up, searched for the IC, and asked for the important numbers.
I was given clearance.
I changed, got out of camp, and my brother picked me up.
He was in tears.
And I was holding back.

I rushed to the hospital.
Saw my Dad, and he took me to her.
I went in, hugged Mum, and I saw her.
There she was, lying on the bed. So weak. So different.
She had a stroke in the morning.
And they didnt tell me cause they were scared of spoiling my mood.

I grabbed Grandma's hands.
And she squeezed my hand.
I was surprised. She had so much strength in her.
She started pointing to her head.
And did a squeezing motion.
I was somehow amused at this. 
My cute Grandma was signalling me to give her head a massage.
And I did just that.
I was so impressed.
She could hear and understand us well.
She just couldnt talk anymore.

The whole day I didnt know how to feel.
She kept looking to the side.
Her hands were pointing as thought they were reaching out for something.
She'd signal 'stop'.
Like as if she was seeing something we all couldnt.
Like.. as if she was saying:
'Not now, don't take me away just yet.'
It gives me chills just thinking about it.


'I'm so sorry, it's your birthday some more.' My Mum said.
And I brushed it off.
This was more important.
I didn't know how to even feel about it.
God has such an unusual plan to everything.
But that's okay.
I'll accept this fate.

I went back to camp.
I could see my curious mates gathered outside my bunk.
They saw me and were pretty concerned.
Thank you guys.
And thank you for all those that reached out to me,
And your words of encouragement.

I cried myself to sleep that night.
But felt much more empowered in the morning.

She's still fighting strong.
And so will I.


Love, Eran.

Current Song Mood: The Antlers - Kettering

I wish that I had known in that first minute we met, the unpayable debt that I owed you. 
'Cause you'd been abused by that bone that refused you, and you hired me to make up for that. 

Walking in that room when you had tubes in your arms, those singing morphine alarms out of tune.
They kept you sleeping and even, and I didn't believe them when they called you a hurricane thunderclap.

When I was checking vitals I suggested a smile. You didn't talk for awhile, you were freezing. 
You said you hated my tone, it made you feel so alone, and so you told me I ought to be leaving. 

But something kept me standing by that hospital bed, I should have quit but instead I took care of you. 
You made me sleep all uneven, and I didn't believe them when they told me that there was no saving you.



No comments:

Post a Comment