Sunday, November 5, 2017

Heaven

Page 910

'Nenek dah takde'.
('She's gone.')

It took me a while to absorb those words.

I felt the world revolving around me.

You'd think that you'd be prepared for death.

But you never are, and you never will.

My heart broke.

I was at work when I received the news from my Mum.

I took a deep breathe.

And prayed.

Prayed for her.

I didnt leave work because...

What's the point?

She's already gone.

I can't do anything about it.

Rushing there won't help with anything.

I can't stand all the chaos that was probably happening there.

So I stayed.

I only went... 

At night.

When things were calmer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm at a loss for words.

From everything I've experienced today.

It feels like the whole world is mourning.

The skies have been crying whole day.

A sign that a great one is gone.

Today, I watched my Grandmother get buried.

Before that, I managed to kiss her pale face goodbye.

It's been a painful week.

Watching her getting admitted, having complications in her health.

And watching her slowly deteriorate.

Even so, she fought strong.

Doctors gave her at most two days.

But she pushed through a whole week.

She's always had that fighting spirit that she shows strongly.

I remember her getting a stroke on my 21st birthday last year.

She fought through all the way.

I stayed over last night. 

Accompanying my Mum.

Watching Nenek's corpse on the bed.

Her face - pale, yet it seemed at peace.

She had died in peace.

I was really glad to hear that.

At least she didnt suffer.

Everything went smoothly today.

Alhamdulillah.

There is no one else like you.

You are my role model, my inspiration.

Your compassion, kindness, and unconditional love.

No one can compare.

I love you so much Nenek...

I miss you already.

See you in Heaven.

InsyaAllah, Amin.

Al-Fateha.

Love, Eran.

Current Song Mood: Beyonce - Heaven

[Verse 1:]
I fought for you
The hardest, it made me the strongest
So tell me your secrets
I just can't stand to see you leaving

[Hook:]
But heaven couldn't wait for you
No heaven couldn't wait for you
Heaven couldn't wait for you
No heaven couldn't wait for you
So go on, go home

[Verse 2:]
We laughed at the darkness
So scared that we lost it
We stood on the ceilings
You showed me love was all you needed

[Hook x2]

So go on, go home

[Outro:]
Padre Nuestro
Que estás en el cielo
Santificado sea tu Nombre
Venga tu reino
Hagase tu voluntad
En la tierra como en el cielo
Amen
[English translation:
Our Father
Who art in heaven
Hallowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
On earth as it in heaven
Amen]

No comments:

Post a Comment