Friday, October 18, 2019

Hush

Page 1260

Sometimes...

I need to remember to be nicer.

But there's only so much I can take.

So much I can tolerate.

After last night's fuss, I distanced myself, until I got ready for work.

I was ready for the worst case scenario.

Do I say anything? Scream? Shout? Go crazy? Dramatically walk out without saying anything? 

How should I react? 

I was mentally preparing myself.

I walked out, settling my work stuff.

A voice came from the kitchen.

'That's for you' she pointed to the dish on the table.

'Oh. Okay.'

I took a glass of water and drank.

And she started nagging a bit about what she said last night.

'Again....' I whispered.

I zoned everything out.

In one ear, out comes the other.

I don't have time for this.

I prepared my lunch for work.

She went inside the room, and came back out after I was done.

I told her.. 'Ma, I'm going.'

I went to her to salam.

And she looked me in the eyes, a broken smile one her face.

'You're a good son aren't you?'

She hugs me.

'You're a good son. You are. You've never disobeyed or raised your voice at me. I already lost your first brother. I hope I don't lose you too. I hope you bring me to heaven one day. I'm counting on you. I love you okay? I'm sorry. I didn't meant to scold you. I love you.'

She breaks down. Tears pouring.

I froze, holding back my tears.

How could I be angry anymore?

'Okay. I love you too.'

I kissed her cheeks, hugged and comforted her. 

Hush.

And with that, I left for work.

The rain seemed fitting.

Maybe she has her own anxiety & depression too.

Maybe she's not a perfect mother.

But who am I to give up on her?

No one's perfect.

Love, Eran.

Current Song Mood: Joshua Simon - Hush

Dear you

Do continue to blame me
Curse my name all you want
Go ahead, just don't stop sinnin'

Anything to keep the signs from going
Anything to keep the old memories
Anything to keep our song playing out of nowhere

Its strange
How curious
How our spirits took
Long after all the doors have shut
What a loss
Spending that much time
With someone just to find out he's a stranger

Hush
Now
Baby not here
Hush
Now
I'll hold your hand 
In the car instead
Hush
Now 
There's people looking from the corner
Hush 
Now

Oh will we be here when they clear?

Hush
Now
Baby not here
Hush
Now
I'll kiss your lips
When we're home instead
Hush
Now 
Your mama's looking over the shoulder
Hush 
Now
Oh will we be here when they clear?

No comments:

Post a Comment