Friday, April 16, 2021

IT HURTS!

 Page 1505

Here's my wisdom tooth extraction experience.

I arrived at the hospital on time, the gloomy weather looming above me.

Went up to the Dental floor, registered and just waited for my time.

Nervous.

Hah, it wasn't sinking in until now.

I was told to wait at a bench outside the room.

I tapped my umbrella.

Crossed legs. Changed legs. Sat upright.

Anxious.

People walked past every minute.

I was opposite two rooms, with a small window, where I peeked in.

There were dentists performing surgeries.

I gulped.

Ah well. It's coming.

The doctor finally came.

Went through again about my procedure.

I had two teeth overlapping each other. 

Previously I told her to just take out the top one.

She wanted to try reach the 2nd one. Maybe just the tip of it.

I told her, sure. Go ahead. You know what's best for me.

'It will confirm swell.'

I gulped, and her assistant smiled and nodded.

She prepped me up, and I got on the chair.

It lowered down.

She placed blankets and sterile sheets on my body, including my eyes.

And left a hole for the mouth.

The light was bright, but I closed my eyes throughout.

The Dr came back, and immediately started.

'I'm gonna give you some analgesia', she injected.

I felt the needle in my mouth & squirmed a bit. And then the numbness set in.

Numbing gel was applied on my lips.

The next thing I knew, she was working on my teeth.

'That was fast' I panicked.

'But Oh fuck, here we go man.'

My whole right jaw was numb and I could not feel a thing.

As I felt them cutting and trying to lodge the first tooth out.

The noise of the machine used was so loud. Pretty terrifying. But I just closed my eyes. And clenched my fists.

The pressure was intense. And I felt that the Dr was really struggling at some point. Haha.

Reasons why I felt I didn't want an elderly female Dr to do my op. But hey, she was one of the most experienced ones.

So I had to put some faith, yea?

After a lot of sawing and cutting, I finally felt threads being sutured in my mouth.

'Phew, it was ending.'

They finally concluded, placed a gauze in my mouth, and I got up.

The Dr: 'Here's your teeth, I'm gonna dispose them'

She showed me my bloody teeth that was on a tray.

😐😐😐

'Are you feeling ok?' the assistant asked.

'🙂 Mhhm.'

She laughed.

I took my belongings, went out.

Had my vitals taken. 

Watched a dental self-care video.

Then headed to the pharmacy for my painkillers.

When I got back, it was already 7+.

Oh and I forgot to mention, I was fasting all this while.

Hahaha.

Got home, settled down, and tried to drink water.

Only a few sips.

The aching was setting in.

The analgesia was wearing off.

By 9pm I was in a lot of pain. 

Took all the painkillers and Panadol I could find.

Holyyyy.

I haven't been in this much pain in forever.

So much that I could not distract myself.

Put my laptop down and just lied down.

Dozed off a bit, and felt better around 11.

Around 12, it started bleeding. Non-stop.

It even flowed a bit on my shirt. 

Shit.

I was quite scared hah, but I just stuffed as much gauze as I could.

Even slept with it.

Didn't sleep well.

In the morning, the bleeding stopped.

I felt much better.

And the pain was less.

That's what matters most.

But the worst part is.. I have to go through this twice.

Hahaha yeah, another teeth out next Thursday.

Mum cooked porridge. 

And I happily & slowly enjoyed it.

At least I can chew a bit today.

My face is currently as swollen as a pufferfish.

Slightly uncomfortable, but I know it'll get better after today.

Right. Cheers. Gonna rest up.

🤍

Love, Eran.

Current Song Mood: San Holo - IT HURTS!


I still can't find the right words
The only thing that I've learned
It's only real when it hurts
It's only real when it hurts

It hurts
It hurts
It hurts

It hurts

I still can't find the right words
The only thing that I've learned
It's only real when it hurts
It's only real when it hurts
Yeah!

I still can't find the right words
The only thing that I've learned
It's only real when it hurts
It's only real when it hurts

It hurts
It hurts
It hurts

It hurts


No comments:

Post a Comment