Wednesday, May 20, 2015

This Time // I Was Here

Page 310

GRADUATION

Finally, I've been waiting for this moment for ages. 3 years of schooling life has finally come to this. 3 years ago, I didnt even know what the heck I was getting myself into. There were many times where I was unmotivated and just wanted to give up.

I wanted to do music. But my parents weren't supportive of the idea. I didnt care. So I applied, because my points were sufficient. And then I spoke to a graduate from the course, and he told me the hard truth. It was indeed to be successful in that area, especially in Singapore. And I knew myself.. I couldnt do it. I wasn't born talented. My guts told me to do choose the safest route. So I changed my options. And there I was in nursing. I didnt see my self as one tbh. 

It was tougher than I thought it would be. Definitely.. it shouldn't be looked down at. We don't just take care of other people's shits. We go through the entire journey of their stay in the hospital including the said shit. And on top of that it depends on your luck on the diff shit colleagues you get. Lmao.

So back to school;

Year 1 - I was in my own world most of the time. I pretty much kept to myself, to my circle of friends only. I was so.. innocent??? Idk haha. Just wasn't wary of the people around me. Studies were my focus.
Year 2 - I started opening up to people, ever since I went to an overseas trip. Good times.. My circle of friends started increasing. People were finally noticing me. And the best thing happened; I was chosen to join the EXCOs. These group of people changed my life forever. And I am forever grateful.


Year 3 - The year where true colours came out. 'Friends' weren't what they seemed. I had to filter a lot of people out of my life. It was tough, losing people, but those that stayed, I really treasured them.
School started becoming a chore, and I wasn't as motivated. FYP almost killed me.
Love started becoming complicated. More people kept coming in and out of my life. I went through more heartbreaks. But I handled it better this time. The more I went through, the less pain I felt. I got used to it.

And then. During the end of the year, I found the one. The one that's stuck with me until now. You make me a better person. I'm forever grateful to have you in my life. <3

Internships were a pain in the ass. I didnt feel like a normal poly student because of them. They took up too much of our holidays. The ward I mostly worked at was biased as f*ck. And it really affected me during that time. The last day? I went through hell. I was so mentally exhausted. I was glad to get out of there. No appreciation whatsoever. Good riddance. I've been through so much. And I'm sure the rest of you have too. Heck, I even got stalked home by a patient's relative. Remember that crazy shit?! Lmao. But you know, at the end of the day, when they say thank you and show appreciation, it made it all efforts worth it. I realised that making a difference in other people's life is such a great blessing.

I kinda miss school life already. Well minus the ridiculous ASSignments haha. To be honest, it really felt surreal. To be graduating. It still does..

Today's Graduation was definitely a proud moment. My heart was racing as I queued to get my award. The moment my name was called, all eyes were on my. Dr Phang shook my hand and congratulated me. I smiled for the camera, walked away, almost tripped, but played it cool. And I did it. It was done.




It really was emotional to go through all that. I couldn't stop getting feels.

'This is it. 3 years… I deserve this moment. I've been through so much to get here. I want to live in it.'
I kept telling myself over & over.

After the ceremony, the buffet was open. I didnt even eat cause there were just too many people. And those kiasu people finished the food anyways. ._.

Took lots and lots of pictures.


Before the ceremony <3


After the ceremony <3 My gorgeous horny biatch hehehe.



And most importantly, my parents. Who've both supported me so much over the years. My dad sending to work in the morning whenever I was in a rush. And my Mum for always making breakfast/ packing food for me to eat at work. No words can describe how grateful I am for the both of you. Thank you so much.

<3



Busy check picture hahaha.




Close-up.

Managed to snap a pic with this kukubandung!! Secuteeeee.
Like couple only? 
Ohtakeh.
._.



Nat!!!!! So pretty but your roses prettier. HAHA.


My Makchicks <3 I love you guys so much. My pillar of strengths during school life. A matured-minded group that I can rely on. I'll miss you guys so much. After this, it'll be hard to meet up. You guys will forever be in my heart. <3


My GF <3 The person who's been through thick and thin with me. We've been through so much together. We're best friends for a reason. I can always tell her anything I want to without being scared of being judged. She knows me inside out. I love you.




I love you guys so much <3


Dr Anu. She saw me and she immediately came over, all smiles. Congratulating me, showering me with praises in front of my parents hahaha. So embarrassing! She kept thanking me for starting the trend to study on FB (back then I helped her create an FB page to study pharmacology). Haha, it was an honour. She's like a mother to me in school. Such a dear. <3




This dude!!! Omg, how are we only friends now? I only got to talk/know him during the 2 weeks of Project P last year. He suddenly came up to me. He was like 'Woah, honoured to take a picture with you.' and such haha. Make me shy only. Literally the coolest/wackiest guy I know!

Done with the night.


Well that was the end. I looked back one last time, and left. 

I really wished you'd have come. Surprise me in some way.. I won't lie, I was really super disappointed.  I told myself to stop hoping so much, but deep down I did. But I guess it was just in my dreams. I guess there are just some things that are more important than me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I'm also proud to announce my second Mixtape; LovEran II.


:)

https://soundcloud.com/eranistheone/sets/loveran-ii-mixtape
Please check it out!
Been working hard for it since last year. I hope you guys dig it!
Really happy about how it turned out to be this time.

Well another chapter ends. I can't wait for the next one to start.
Everything I've wanted to do, I've done.
I was here.
<3

Love, Eran.

This time, I feel free.

Current Song Mood: Glee - This Time

These walls and all these picture frames
Every name they show
These halls I've walked a thousand times
Heartbreaks and valentines, friends of mine all know

I look at everything I was
And everything I ever loved
And I can see how much I've grown

And though the mirror doesn't see it
It's clear to me, I feel it
I can make it on my own

I'm not afraid of moving on and letting go
It's just so hard to say goodbye to what I know, I know

This time no one's gonna say goodbye
I keep you in this heart of mine
This time I know it's never over

No matter who or what I am
I'll carry where we all began
This time that we had, I will hold forever

This old familiar place is
Where every face is another part of me
I played a different game then
They called me a different name then
I think of all the things I did and how I wish I knew what I know now

I see how far I've come and what I got right
When I was looking for that spotlight
I was looking for myself

Got over what I was afraid of
I showed 'em all that I was made of
More than trophies on a shelf

For all the battles that we lost or might have won
I never stopped believing in the words we sung, we sung

This time no one's gonna say goodbye
I keep you in this heart of mine
This time I know it's never over

No matter who or what I am
I'll carry where we all began
This time that we had, I will hold forever

I'm looking out from the crossroads
I don't know how far away I will roll
I take a breath, I close my eyes
Your voice will carry me home

I keep you in this heart of mine
This time I know it's never over

No matter who or what I am
I'll carry where we all began
This time that we had, I will hold
This time that we had, I will hold
This time that we had, I will hold
Forever

Forever

I've achieved so much during my poly life. It's made me who I am today.
I hope I've touched lives in ways that only I could.
Thank you.

Current Song Mood: Beyonce - I Was Here

I wanna leave my footprints on the sands of time
Know there was something that, meant something that I left behind
When I leave this world, I'll leave no regrets
Leave something to remember, so they won't forget

I was here
I lived, I loved
I was here
I did, I've done everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here

I wanna say I lived each day, until I die
And know that I meant something in somebody's life
The hearts I have touched will be the proof that I leave
That I made a difference, and this world will see

I was here
I lived, I loved
I was here
I did, I've done everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know

I was here
I lived, I loved
I was here
I did, I've done everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here

I just want them to know
That I gave my all, did my best
Brought someone some happiness
Left this world a little better just because

I was here

I was here
I lived, I loved
I was here
I did, I've done everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I wanna leave my mark so everyone will know

I was here
I lived (I lived), I loved
I was here
I did (I did), I've done
I was here
I lived (I lived), I loved (I loved)
I was here (oh)
I did, I've done

I was here



No comments:

Post a Comment